Friday, April 3, 2015

BOOKS, 33 1/3 ALBUMS, DEATH & PIZZA

It helped to write my last blog
“What Was My Purpose?”
I started writing some haiku-like poetry

In the dark room
a long time
something beautiful develops
~ ~ ~

The last two books I read:
The Tao of Jung by David Rosen
 and My Quest for Beauty by Rollo May.
~ ~ ~
I’m happy that soon some OLLI friends
and I will be reading at the library. I made a poster.


~ ~ ~

Now, I’ve got some crazy idea
to design 33 1/3 album covers
as part of the “nostalgia” kick I’m on.






I paste them over old album covers.



Here’s a poster I designed.



Each one represents a song I’ve composed.

~ ~ ~

My new DIET PLAN:

EAT LESS OF WHAT YOU LOVE

I'm sure I am addicted to wheat.
I break down with pizza.
I tried the $8 Your Pie pizza when
they were selling it on 3-14-2015
 for $3.14. (∏ = 3.14)

I loved it!

I ate two slices while it was hot,
just out of their brick oven.
I brought the rest home and warmed up
one slice each day in the skillet.



Pizza is oh, so comforting,
like a drug of choice.
 I’ve bought one pizza each week since 3-14-15
~ ~ ~

REMEMBERING MARGOT

A really good friend, Margot Endsley, died March 30.
Our birthdays were a month apart.
Her death weighs heavy on my heart.
She had a massive heart attack.

I knew her by the authors she loved:
Faulkner, Sartre, Dostoyevsky, 
Ruth Rendel, & John Irving.  

I knew her from the secrets we shared
back in the 60s, when we first met at
The University Women’s Club Discussion Group.
I knew her likes and dislikes.
I helped her plan Dick’s memorial service.

Wed. Mar. 25, (five days earlier)
I had visited with her in her car
in the Kroger parking lot.
We talked about old times, books, diets
dogs, and children.
 She was reading East of Eden.
We talked about death and dying that day,
how we wanted to go quickly.

Last year I emailed her my entire memoir
 and she’d printed it out and read every word.
It’ll probably never be published
but she was the one person I most wanted to read it.
 And I’m consoled a little that I have that memory
 because now she’s gone.

It was the kind of death she wanted.

Fast.

~ ~ ~

I still don’t know what my purpose was or is,
 but it has something to do with love & music.

Maybe I'll get my piano solos made
into a CD, finally,
now that I have designed a cover.



~ ~ ~


HERE'S THE LYRICS & PIANO SOLO FOR

"BECAUSE OF LOVE"

(I would have loved to have
heard Frank Sinatra record it!)

~ ~ ~

This was going to be my blog:

WANTED: Fairy Godmother/Housekeeper/Agent!
~ ~ ~
scroll down for earlier blogs:


WHAT WAS MY PURPOSE?

2 comments:

  1. I read and re-read your last four blog posts, Charlotte, to see what you've been up to. As always, I am inspired by the broad range of your creativity. Your use of so many elements: songs, instrumentals, video, photos, memoir, reflection, poetry… Awesome! Thank you for sharing all this with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading my latest blogs, Margaret, and posting a comment. You INSPIRE me, too!

    ReplyDelete