Wednesday, September 26, 2018

ALL THOSE JOURNALS





(Taking a break to write this blog post.
I love coffee and dark chocolate!)

~ ~ ~

Who remembers the soap opera

“All My Children?”

My soap opera is called

"All My Journals"



THE DIARY THAT TELLS THE STORY OF
 A torturous, torrid, tremulous
dire, disappointed, devastated, heroine, 
gnashing her teeth with chagrin, envy, and jealousy.


Along with rainbows and humor.




Or giving myself some writing advice.

My daily writing has been scrawled 
in spiral notebooks
and beautiful bound journals.




Sometimes a poem begins
 on a journal page.




The finished poem:


I'm Not From Good Stock

I’m not from good stock
There’s the rub.
I’m Eliza Doolittle
dropping my h’s.
I’m the sow’s ear from which
no silk purse shall ever be made.

If I were a kind of wood,
it would be the cheapest yellow pine.
A Georgia Loblolly
growing up fast
with thin roots.
The bark stripped for mulch.
The boards for a pauper’s coffin.

No time even to tap the pungent resin
which, left alone,
might yield some greater value,
say paint thinner for an artist.

What can you make with cheap pine?
Not a violin or a grand piano
or a baseball bat
or castanets.
Not a curly maple dresser
or a cedar hope chest.

But if you strip away everything else,
there is the heart of the pine,
fire starter wood,
and even a cheap heart
can burn with a blue passion.

~~~

A favorite sketch.



(Grandma loved Eight O'clock coffee)
~ ~ ~
I love the handcrafted journal
 below with purple beading 
along the spine.



~ ~ ~
Sometimes my journal entries
give me comfort as much
as a therapist.




I write about my mistakes
my follies, my doubts, and fears.





I believe I do this to quell
the anxiety from living alone
and being responsible
for my ongoing old age!
~ ~ ~



I color in a coffee cup!
Magic!

~ ~ ~
Living alone for ever so long,
and being an only child,
I've become my own best friend,
my own guide and counselor,
playmate, workmate,
mindmate, and soulmate.




So, in a way I am in love
with my "Dear Diary,"




~ ~ ~
My soul and spirit is scrawled
in cursive or manuscript
in these journals,
so I dumped them all on the
sofa and gave a blessing. 



(BFF's Best Friends Forever)



~ ~ ~

My latest journal I gave myself
for my birthday
from Peter Pauper Press.



I've used it for a graphic design 
for the ending of the
"All Those Journals"
music video I added.

Do you Follow Your Bliss?
~~~



Click on You Tube Photo
to hear a beautiful Piano Solo
I recorded years ago:
"That Endless Summer."

~ ~ ~
Thanks so much dear viewer
for reading and listening to this
Blue Tomato Blog Post.

scroll down for earlier posts


(A Search for Meaning at 82)

~ ~ ~








~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment