Wednesday, September 22, 2010

TAO, INSOMNIA & ONE-CLICK PURCHASES

Tao, Insomnia & One-Click Purchases


I’m worried about Identity Theft.
Cautious about giving my Credit Card number
to Amazon or Best Buy.

But,
 once upon a time,
I was awake at 2 a.m.,
a time when,
 apparently, my rational senses had left!


AND


I had recently created the 
ONE CLICK PURCHASE!

That night I ordered a midnight blue
JVC camcorder.


I not only easily learned it quickly
and how to upload,
 but also,
 this beautiful blue camera
takes stills,

and that has changed my life!



Nearly a year later,

I was awake at 3 a.m.
listening to the BBC World Service.

I heard an announcement
for a MY WORLD BBC Film Competition.


I used the camera, I-Photo & my own music
through Garage Band to make a 
mini-movie!

 The folks at BBC liked the submission
and encouraged me
to develop the original idea
into a narrated script.

It made the BBC Short List.

Somebody recognized my talents
after all these years!

This is affirmation
of a new found faith in something
invisible working in a benevolent universe.


I just need to attend to what I love most.

Gardening, photos, and poetry.

And maybe I’ll sleep better, too.


Nature photos led to the next mini-movie

After An April Rain






The camera takes amazing close-ups

 has opened up the small unseen world

in my own back yard.


Like all the beautiful fungi

growing on the branch.



and two more mushrooms

that sprouted over night.

That’s what the Tao is about.


Paying attention to the natural world.

Tao works with what is natural.

to be continued . . .

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment