Monday, June 4, 2012

HAPPINESS IS . . .


Happiness is . . .
Having a garden in the rain
and writing a blog from
the bedroom view.


Happiness is . . .

Playing live jazz on my
keyboard for an art reception
at the Lyndon House for friends,
and 
having my sons, 
Todd and Troy
and Bambi and Shelby-Joan
show up to hear me for a while.
That was Thursday and
then I was back editing
my final draft.

I learned this weekend that
when you send a manuscript
to a Self Publisher like IUniverse
they ask you to select your tag words
Here’s what I’ve come up with
love, loneliness, heartache,
Mother, movies, music
hopes, dreams, longing,
separation, broken heart, songs,
50’s, gloves, girdle, 
death, disappointment, drama,
romance, jazz, blues
Hollywood, entertainer, 
The South, Georgia, Atlanta,
It was an exercise that led
to deciding 
NOT to publish.

Too Public!
So now what?

It’s a strange feeling,
to be unmoored from the tether
of writing for a reason,
and, thus,
 having a reason to live.
I have a slight worry 
of being or becoming depressed.
But, Saturday, after a lovely wedding, 
I noticed the beauty
of the water lily in the pool
of our Fellowship.

And checking in with myself 
on this rainy Monday


I feel good enough to pick
up the camera again to take
a photo of my favorite rosebush.




From the deck I noticed
the huge fig swollen with rain.

My garden of Eden fig bush
bore fruit this early
because of a hot spring.


Happiness is . . .

 plucking it, as it's within arm's reach.

and eating two delicious bites,
then
 staging one more photo
to immortalize something
I cannot seem to do
for myself.

wait . . !

Happiness is . . .

having my own
 Blue Tomato Journal realm
to post a blog
stay tuned . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment