Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The House I Lived In . . .

The House I Lived In . . .

I was to live at 42l Holderness St.
for 18 years of my life. 
A house immortalized for me
in photos like this one that Mother took at Easter
of neighbor girls I’ve long forgotten,
And me with a bow too heavy for my wispy blonde hair.



But the porch is what I see in the photo.
The porch where I played jacks and fiddlesticks,
Played Canasta with little Lester,
Balanced on the bannisters as a tightrope walker.
There’s the mailbox next to the door
where the postman with his leather bag
brought my Sky King ring,
And the long awaited Captain Midnight Secret Code Badge.

stay tuned . . .

~~

2 comments:

  1. Great photo and memory! Are you the little one on the right?
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT. I AM THE SMALLEST CHILD ON THE RIGHT.

    ReplyDelete