Wednesday, August 18, 2010

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!


I found some old photos yesterday
 They help explain
 how my movie-making began.


I thought it was because Mother and I
went to the movies
every Sunday.
Seeing all those movies
was a big influence, however.


But now, 
60 years later,


I’ve actually submitted
two short i-movie films
to The Sundance Film Festival.

My World of Silent Dreams


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGI2jy-oxt8


and After An April Rain
Here are the old 1950 photos.


I’d taken apart an old clock
to see how it worked. 
Then, I couldn’t put it back together!


I remember thinking that
my frustration and disappointment
 would make a good photo.



I set up the card table between
the crape myrtle tree,
the one I always climbed up into
to sit and listen
 to my radio in the window.

I had to wait for Mother
 to get home 
from work


 to get her to take the picture.






 When the photos came back
from the Drug Store,
I was so disappointed
 because I saw
all the distracting patterns.




the lines of the clapboard siding,
my striped t-shirt,
 the shadows
from the crape myrtle tree.

So maybe that’s where it all
started . . . an eye for photography,

It’s taken me a life time
to fulfill that dream of
making my very own movie.

And I have loved every .05 sec of
precision timing it takes to edit
just one little 2:37  movie
and burn a DVD and then
play it on my own Big Screen TV.

Yes, Shug, Your Dreams can Come True!

I can’t wait to start the next one.
I think it’s going to be called
The Adventures of a Blue Tomato!

stay tuned . . .

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment