Monday, August 15, 2011

THE BLUE TOMATO JAZZ ALBUM


I want to start this blog
with my desktop photo

it looks so much better than
 the current overgrown,
 under watered August garden.
This morning, I edited more of
Confessions of a Blue Tomato
I’m in1968-- those Betty Crocker days
structuring it in segments, for now,
with headings such as -- 

“The Summer of our Discontent”
“The Last Marriage Counselor
or
How I Know I’m Not Crazy”

~~~
Last night I folded three more
sets of xeroxed pages for the
poem book Late Bloomer

then took a
nice warm bath
where I get all my great ideas
like making that long wished for
Jazz Album with original songs.
That’s what I’ve wanted to do all along
This is the new keyboard.
It’s a Yamaha Arranger Workstation.


I worked for three hours today
 off and on,
practicing just one song
recording it six times
and deleting all of them.
That’s why I’ve been putting
off this music project.
I KNOW the kind of energy 
and dedication it takes.
I counted up last night
and I’ve composed 65 songs.
The last songs I composed
were for YouTube videos
Crayola Blues and Yes I Will.



They were such
 beautiful surprises!
A kind of dreamy magic
to have songs
 come to me like that.

My garden is like that, too,
always a beautiful surprise.


 I beat the blue jays to get these figs.
What did I learn today?

Most every thing I do,
 I have to wait
for the spirit
 to come through me
or move me
or
give me courage,
like that day, back in 1979, when
I’d been teaching myself chords
and practiced a lot of songs
and asked if I could play at Sparky’s
and they said, "Yes".

That was a dream come true.

Wish me luck, 
 . . . stay tuned

1 comment: