Wednesday, August 3, 2011

CONFESSIONS OF A BLUE TOMATO


It’s good to get out

even in hot weather,

and get a Wal-Mart Gift Card

 for10% off Gasoline.

It’s good to get out

and not be a slug, like yesterday,

eating guacamole on Romaine leaves

and the rest of the ice cream

(ice cream is a no-no)

But it was free at Earth Fare last week.

It's too hot

to even take photos

so here's an old one

St. Francis and the Confederate jasmine


It’s good to get out because

in between Wal-Mart and Trader Joe’s,

I had the best idea for a new title for the

Memoir revision of Shug!


This was the photo on that cover.

Earlier, the revision was going to be called

Silently Dreaming:As the Music Winds Down

But now I’ve been so inspired

by a new book, 

The Memoir Project:

The Thoroughly Non-Standardized

Text for Writing & Life.

by Marion Roach Smith 


I've changed my focus.


Last week I had these title ideas:

The Envelope, Please

I Was Never Meant To Be A Star

Hold On To Your Dreams

Looking for Me.

The new memoir title

“Confessions of a Blue Tomato”

"How does that grab you?

Would you read it?"


 . . . to be continued


~~~

1 comment:

  1. Loved getting to know you better. I immediately bought The Memoir Project for my Nook, after finding Marion's website. Thanks!

    Yes, I like Confessions of a Blue Tomato as a catchy title. It feels to me like you are right on the verge...of something really good. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete