Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Once Upon A Garden

The wonderful thing about

taking photos of the Spring garden

is that you can set it to music

and watch it as the leaves fall


in Autumn.


I’m taking a break from writing every day,

and finishing a garden video


I started earlier.


If I didn't garden, I wouldn't have

poems and lyrics come to me.

I set the Spring Garden photos

to a song I composed

for the Musical: Silent Dreams


SILENT DREAMS is a
musical-within-a-musical,

 set in 1955, near Broadway.

It revolves around the death of a long time

boarding house resident, Nedra Valova,

who played piano for the Silent Movies.

She leaves a diary revealing an affair with Valentino.

~~~

It’s So Hard To Say Goodbye

(lyrics)
           
 WHEN I THINK OF YOU,
I REMEMBER
 THE GIFT OF YOUR LOVE,
AND THE WARMTH OF YOUR SMILE,
IT’S SO HARD TO SAY GOOD BYE,
THE ECHO OF YOUR LOVE,
LINGERS ON
 IN THIS SONG,
REMEMBERING THE TIMES
 THAT WE SHARED.
YOU ALWAYS GAVE ME HOPE
FOR MY DREAMS,
AND LISTENED TO MY SCHEMES,
AND YOU LOVED ME
JUST THE WAY THAT I WAS,
A LONELY SOUL,
NOT A DAY GOES BY,
THAT I DON’T WONDER WHY,
YOU BLESSED MY LIFE
WITH YOUR LOVE,
YOU LEFT US WITH SUCH SADNESS,
 IT’S SO HARD NOT TO CRY,
IT’S SO VERY HARD
 TO SAY, GOODBYE.
So now, view my Spring 2011 garden.

and listen to the piano solo


It's So Hard To Say Goodbye.







ONCE UPON A GARDEN


~~~


(if you can't access it here you can
hear it on the you tube videos at the
top of this blog)

stay tuned . . .
~~~

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, Charlotte. I watched twice and wanted to read the lyrics as I listened, but I kept going back to the gorgeous flowers. Thanks for your inspiration. I have yet to get going on my video, though I now have the new MacBookPro and am learning...

    ReplyDelete