Friday, December 23, 2011

A BLUE TOMATO WORLD


A Blue Tomato World
Welcome to a Blue Tomato World,
a world of music and design.



Humor and Hollywood nostalgia.



I’ll just start by saying that
writing songs is more about
being born with a broken heart
than anything else.
I know it’s hard to think that
a baby can come out of a womb
so sad, and all, but I did.
It was like having a port wine
stain on my heart, 
except that no one could see it,
especially me . . . not until later.
That’s when I wrote my first song
“Yesterday’s Love” at 16.



So take a look around my house
and listen to a song I composed
on this piano.

“I Really Miss You, Tonight!”
This is a new arrangement
I made on a Yamaha Keyboard
with saxophone, guitar, piano/vibraphone.
Don’t think I still feel sad.
I love making art out of sad stories.
When I was 8, I was to be in a May Festival
with my first long dress.
Mother got a free trip
to her home office in Omaha
and a side trip to Chicago.
She was gone for a week.
She had never left me before.
I had to sleep on an old cot, because
a neighbor came over to stay with Grandma..  
and she slept in our bed.
I missed her so much that week.

So here's the song from YouTube
That's what Blue Tomato music is about.



Thanks for visiting.


stay tuned . . .
Scroll down for more blog posts

“Was Sisyphus Happy?”
and
“How Then Shall I Live”
~~

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful, Charlotte! I love the combination of photos and music. I am inspired as always, not to give up on making my own. (Still adjusting to the new Mac and the videos seem as far away as ever.) Thanks for sharing your life.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete