Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Nerves Are So Bad Today . . .

My nerves are so bad today . . .
How do I know?
Everything IRRITATES ME!
I am in excruciating pain on the inside
of my right shoulder,
too much fine tuning of photos,
and too much heavy shoveling of red dirt
to get the ground ready for the 
seeds I planted, cherry tomatoes,
green peppers, okra, squash.

I’ve had three Aleve.
Every minor thing irritates me,
like the way my stringy, sparse hair
falls, or doesn’t! That irritates me!
Sunday, it was all fluffy, thanks to 
some apple green mousse putty.
So, today, I am using sunglasses
perched on my head for a headband,
something like the way, director,
Harold Prince always wears his.

At least, that makes me smile.

I practically broke the patio window
trying to kill a young yellow jacket
trying to get in.
And my jeans are too hot today! 
Two mosquito bites are still itching
on the fingers which were holding the hose.
One bit me on my ankle through my sock.


I could throw something,
or just plain SCREAM!
I thank the Goddess of Temperance
for looking over me and helping me
actually stay calm,
 and not trip,
 or hit my head on something,
 because . . .
THAT WOULD HAVE DONE ME IN!
The AC man came for service
and said I needed a new capacitor,
“I’ll say!" I said, "After you put one in the
AC fan, put one in ME!”
I’m eating strangely, maybe that’s it!
Maybe it’s my diet!
Like Sunday, an entire can of asparagus.
And part of an avocado for breakfast.
Yesterday, boiled okra.
Today, smoked oysters with rice,
a bosc pear and almonds.
I had to take a photo first thing this morning!
Like an obsession!  Get out a tablecloth
pick flowers, get the journal, the purple pen
with little mirrors, the necklace,
those bosc pears that look like they
came out of a Dutch Masters’ painting.
Fill the thin green wine glass,
Oh, and the Women Writer’s coffee mug!

I think, what poem would I write in
one sentence about the photo . . .


Insane photographer thinks she is a poet!

And this is my garden which quietly keeps me sane.


 where you can come for a visit, sometime!

~ ~ ~


I think this is EXACTLY what a blog 
IS supposed to be LIKE.
stay tuned . . .
------

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful post! This IS what a blog should be!
    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Blue Tomato likes her readers. . . helps her nerves!

    ReplyDelete