Friday, May 7, 2010

PROLOGUE

At 53, I walked out a corporate door

to give myself some space,

some breathing room.

I lived off my savings,

read wherever my interest took me,

from Katherine Mansfield’s journals,

to Dostoyevski’s Crime and Punishment.

From Thomas Hardy’s Jude the Obscure

to Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt.

Given time, I came to write

poetry, music and lyrics,

that I sometimes didn’t understand at the time.

I kept a journal.

Sometimes I would write down a night dream,

or describe what I put in a fritatta,

or sketch in the margins,

thus this recording process,

over time,

has had it’s revelatory effects.


And that is what will be in this blog . . . stay tuned.



2 comments:

  1. Yay! Your journal will be a present I give myself from time to time. Listen to the goddess, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! and an inspiration. You have always been my hero! Keep on keeping on and I'll be by to see what you're doing. Love ya girl friend - Cathi Doherty

    ReplyDelete