Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Entertaining Myself . . .

Entertaining Myself . . .

I often illustrate my journal writings
with drawings.


What I love is when I read the entries
a year later,
especially if I'm feeling low.

I just have to laugh
and it cheers me up!


I played tennis when I was in High School.
I've kept up with Wimbledon
 every year since.
It makes me so happy.



This is a photo of Pat Hicks and me,
(first two l.)
doubles winners in Atlanta High School Tournament.


So, now I'm back to the journal drawings . . .

"What I LOVE about being me,
 is never knowing
what I'll be doing next,
 like washing windows!"


This was a happy day!
I took photos of my sketch book
and made a slide show with my
Lonely Late Night Improv composition
behind it.
Yes, that's a happy YouTube video.


I love dressing my "cartoon" me in hats!

 One day I learned that my camera
took close-ups
and went around taking all kinds of
Fall garden photos
 and put another
musical composition
 behind it, too.
http://www.youtube.com/janamedrova#p/u/2/pRbSF44034I


I think I must celebrate
 making a new YouTube video
by dressing myself up!
Who else cares?


I love to sketch the things I love
like Jungle Growth potting mixture
made in Statham, GA.


And I NEVER have on a great hat
on a bad day, like this one
in which my back was killing me!
Lifting too many planters.

Yes, as an Only Child I had to learn how
to Entertain myself


stay tuned . . .

~ ~ 



2 comments:

  1. Love it! I didn't know you played tennis!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chip, How about creating a cartoon strip of your character self? Maybe just one frame like you've got, or put it on crafts or cards? She's really cute (like you!). Wonderful entries with engaging photo support. What a memory you have! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete