Saturday, July 17, 2010

Snippets of Creative Writing

Snippets of Creative Writing

I’m getting behind on posting our
snippets of creative writing.

It’s because I’m so tired from editing
my first i-movie from the poem
After An April Rain,


The photo of the napping Buddha is in the movie

I hope it’ll soon be up in the Video Bar (above)
It has sound effects!!
Water, thunder, rain, crickets and birds!

Also, I’m impassioned, right now,
I mean--
stirred up emotionally,
 in turmoil
with sad feelings & consternation.

It’s all being resolved, thank goodness,
by putting it in a new song:
I Wish I Could’ve Been There.


Turning to my Keyboard
is better than
booze, sex, Jesus, or rock & roll!
The music has a swingy banjo rhythm
like Cat Stevens’ music.
(more about it later when it’s finally recorded)

So, now, I’ve already forgotten what reading
our words came from last week,
but I did write them down!

offering, satisfaction, attached, listen, magenta, floor

She wrote:

the offering was simple
a magenta flower
cupped in small hands
eyes locked on the
linoleum floor
I touched her wrist
and she trembled
in her worn cotton
“Listen, your Daddy’s singing”
she tilted her head
as she watched 
the blossoms
float from her fingers.
~~~
I wrote:

She lay on the floor listening
to their hushed voices outside --
her sister Margie and Jake
coming home from the Prom.
Jake’s murmur of fear and satisfaction,
and a startled, “Oh!”
Was he offering her an engagement ring?
Would he take her away -- this sister
to whom she was so attached?
~ ~ ~
And this week she read from 
Maya Angelou’s Inaugural Poem,
On The Pulse Of Morning:

We’d both watched the Inauguration
that morning-- from different states, 
-- different states indeed, in 1992 --
She’d gone out and bought a copy.
I’d read it the next Fourth of July in church.

driving, personal, bliss, courtly, verge, out

I wrote:

He left such a personal message
on my garbled answering machine.
Personal, yet courtly, it seemed--
something about
the bliss he’d felt
when we were driving out
to the lake . . . and how
he was on the verge of something . . .
~ ~ ~
She wrote:

bliss sat very still
on the verge, the edge,
the precipice
of going home
a personal choice
no driving need
but, in or out?
she did not know.

~ ~ ~

A hosta blossom from the garden
 to end with,
like a yummy dessert!

stay tuned . . .

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment