Friday, July 16, 2010

The Farmer's Matket

The Farmer’s Market


I had to take a photo of these flowers.
Sent the smiling flower lady a copy


I took the Lady With Kale's email
and sent her this photo.


I asked the girls that were helping
in their booth to pose.


The next morning I made an arrangement
 of what I'd bought
The thin green onions are young leeks.
The mango came from Earth Fare.

Meanwhile back in my own backyard,
things aren't doing so hot,
unlike last year.


I've had one zucchini,
 some zinnias that were supposed to be red,
 and loads of
 horned tomato caterpillars.

I thought I pulled all of them off, but last weekend
I noticed the tomatoes were eaten up.


This is my new staking device
a net is tacked from the eaves to
the deck.


I call myself The Mother of Inventions
It's working well, still,
It's just the caterpillars overnight
decimated everything.
I squeezed 60 thin green young ones!

 A week after I'd picked all the big ones off!!

One more garden photo.


This is what a kudzu bloom
 or raceme looks like. 
They have a grapey smell.

No, here's one more.


This is from last year and I didn't have a blog.

Stay tuned . . .

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment